Saturday 18 February 2012

Foundation favourites




It was my mum who first introduced me to bareMinerals products as she completely raved about them. At first I was very sceptical as I like quite heavy coverage on my face and did not think this could be achieved by just a powder. We went into our local Debenhams and a lovely lady ( though very heavily made up which I am not a fan of) tested some shade shades on me, I was "fairly light" the lightest shade. She applied the light weight powder to my  whole face with a very soft and fluffy brush. When she showed me the end however, I was disappointed, it had evened my skin tone and did not feel like I was wearing make up at all but it was not the coverage I wanted. after explaining this she then explained that "it was no problem at all" and I just had to apply with the heavier coverage brush, she did this and I was amazed! I never thought a powder foundation would have such good coverage! It is also pure minerals so I do not have to feel guilty if I forget to take it off at night, and it is lovely and gentle on my skin and feels weightless. On the spot I purchased their starter kit (available here at feelunique). In this you received two foundation shades, light and fairly light, although light is too dark for me unless I have a tan it worked great for contouring. You also receive warmth which is a very heavily pigmented bronzer and with some practice so you don't look orange gives a lovely tanned glow to the face.A mineral veil is included which I swear by, it seems to make my face look so much smoother even if I just use it on its own or on top of any make up I wear. The three brushes I received were; full flawless application brush ( big and soft, I use for light coverage and for soft contouring as well as application of mineral veil) flawless application face brush ( I use for heavier coverage, this has got slightly prickly with use) and maximum coverage concealer brush* I have re purchased larger single pots of my foundation shade and cannot recommend this product enough.I am hoping to try some of their eye shadows and other products soon!


* This brush was for use with "bisque" which I received in my starter kit, this was a concealer powder particularly for under the eyes and spots. This was a slightly off colour on me so I found myself just applying the foundation with the brush which worked fine. This product has since been replaced with bareMinerals face primer in the starter kit. I tried the primer too and it left my skin feeling silky and smooth however I preferred to just use moisturiser before my make up application to save on costs.


has anyone else ever used these products? what do you think?


Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment