Saturday 4 February 2012

Latest purchase: Leather





Leather is a trend that has been cropping up everywhere recently! Seen in the A/W 2011/12 catwalks for designers such as Alexander Mqueen , Givenchy and Ralph Lauren  and is also available on the high street. I have been keeping my eye out for a faux leather piece for a while but did not feel like I could embrace a complete leather item such as trousers or a whole dress which were unfortunately all I could find. I then stumbled across this skirt, down from £35 to £15. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been in Jane Norman as it is not usually my style but the “70% off!!!” signs were just too much for me to ignore. This skirt for me is the perfect subtle look I was going for. It is a brilliant fit and did wonders for my curves, smoothing out my loathed “butterfly” hip shape, whilst also being extremely flattering on my flatmates athletic shape (we both ended up buying it). As with most body con skirts it does have the tendency to rise up and it doesn’t look like the most expensive garment but if you wanted to dabble with the trend I would definitely recommend it. 

meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment