Friday 12 October 2012

A cheap primer alternative?

So when in Boots the other day I discovered this face gel/cream hybrid. Now I have never been massively into primers, but when I saw the description on the box I noticed it was basically everything that a primer claims to do, apart from it doesn't state to improve the longevity of your make up.




 I thought surely the fact that it has every other quality of a high end primer means that it will work pretty much the same way? so anyway at 4.99 a pop plus the fact there is a 3 for 2 across loads of skin/face care in boots atm I thought why not give it a go!

Now I am not a user of primer aside from a small tester of Benefits Porefessional, which I haven't fallen head over heels for like so many others (maybe because I don't use enough at any one time, I'm trying to eke out the bit I have left) so I cant compare this product to a myriad of other primers. However I can say that my skin definitely felt smoother after application and looked better somehow. I didn't notice a drastic reduction in shiny-ness but my skin did look dewy rather than oily. I can also happily point out that although it doesn't specifically say it on the box, the lasting power of my make up was definitely amped up. Also cannot forget the fact that the whole Botanics range is packed with fab plant extracts.

 Overall I really like this product and when you think that it could be free if you take advantage of the boots 3 for 2 offer then you can't say no!

Meg x

2 comments:

  1. great review, your blog is just lovely btwz, keep up the good work :)

    'GLAMOROUS' CLOTHES GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG
    open to all
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I am checking out your blog and giveaway now! xx

      Delete